CAREERS AND EMPLOYABILITY
Providing you with the skills and industry experience you need to launch your career is at the heart of everything we do at Leeds Trinity University.
We’ve been perfecting our approach to employability for over 50 years. With a dedicated team to support you, countless opportunities to develop your professional skills and experience, and a wide range of employers on your doorstep, Leeds Trinity is the perfect place for you to build your future.
Our approach to employability:
- Professional work placements with every undergraduate degree
- Bespoke one-to-one careers support tailored to your aspirations
- Volunteer with charities and organisations – both nationally and internationally
- Launch your business idea or freelance career with support from our Business and Enterprise experts
- Industry-led learning, with our employer partners involved in the development of courses and modules
- Find a part-time job with Leeds Trinity’s Careers and Employability team
- Receive CV and interview support from our graduate employment advisers
Skip to section:
93% of our graduates are in employment or further study 15 months after graduating
Source: Graduate Outcomes, Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) published 2021
YOUR CAREER PASSPORT
As well as ensuring that you get industry experience through our professional work placements, we want to ensure that every student knows the skills and behaviours that employers are looking for and, more importantly, how they can be applied across a huge range of career opportunities.
Whether you start university with a clear idea of your career path, or you discover your next steps during your degree, our Career Passport is designed to help you record and showcase the employability skills you develop – providing you with a bank of evidence to use for job applications and interviews.
Through our Career Passport, you will:
- Develop a clear picture of the skills and behaviours employers are looking for
- Understand how you develop these skills and behaviours through the way they are embedded in your course and each of your modules
- Have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience through active learning, assessments, professional work placements and work-based projects
- Gather evidence throughout your studies to show how you are developing your employability skills
- Become confident in your ability to apply your skills and experience to a broad range of job opportunities
PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACEMENTS
Experience matters. That’s why we include professional work placements with every undergraduate degree.
How does it work?
Our Careers and Employability team will work with you to find your perfect placement or help you arrange your own, whether that’s in Leeds, another part of the UK or even abroad. The team will also arrange a series of workshops and events to boost your confidence and give you a taste of what your placement will be like.
What are the benefits?
During your placement, you might be supporting an organisation with their social media, writing reports, conducting research, working with children and young people or supporting an event or project. Whatever you do, you’ll learn new skills, gain experience in a role that’s directly related to your degree and secure valuable employer references for your CV.
Our placement partners
Our employer partners cover a wide range of organisations and industries, including:
BBC Bradford Bulls Rugby League Club Citizens Advice Coca-Cola
David Lloyd Leisure ITV Leeds City Council Mind Mental Health
Refugee Council West Yorkshire Police Working Title Films World Fifa League
Every undergraduate student at Leeds Trinity University has the opportunity to study, volunteer or work abroad as part of their degree.
Choosing to spend time abroad is your chance to experience a new culture first-hand and improve your confidence. It’s also a fantastic way to learn a language and develop a wide range of new skills that will help you stand out in the graduate job market. But above all, it’s fun!
We partner with universities, institutions, employers and charities across the world to give you amazing opportunities to have an international experience. From Australia and the USA, to Italy and Malaysia, the world is yours to explore.
We’ve designed plenty of international opportunities to suit a range of circumstances and budgets. Depending on your course, you can choose between:
A full semester
Spend a semester abroad at one of our partner institutions across the globe, earning credits towards your degree.
A full academic year
Spend a full academic year at one of our partner institutions and graduate from a four-year international version of your course.
Make a difference to international communities – all while earning credits towards your degree.
An international placement
We build professional work placements into every undergraduate degree, so why not complete yours abroad?
Short-term international trips
Spend one-to-three weeks abroad and learn about a different culture and its language.
Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)
“Taking part in the study abroad programme in Taiwan has been one of the best experiences of my life. Experiencing a different culture was really interesting and meeting new people from all over the world was incredible.”
Physical Education and Sports Coaching BA (Hons)
“I wanted to study abroad as soon as I knew that it was an option for me at Leeds Trinity. A semester studying at St Francis Xavier University in Canada allowed me to learn about a range of topics that I wouldn’t have studied otherwise. I would recommend studying abroad to everyone. If I had the opportunity to go again, I absolutely would.”
Your journey to becoming highly employable starts as soon as you begin university.
From the moment you start your degree, to up to three years after you graduate, our committed and experienced Careers and Employability team is here to help you make the most of career and employment opportunities.
Careers and Employability will help you to:
- Discover what career pathways are open to you with dedicated one-to-one support
- Develop an impressive, industry-relevant CV
- Find a job during your degree and after graduation
- Apply for part-time jobs, postgraduate study, voluntary experience and graduate schemes
- Prepare for interviews through tailored advice sessions
- Network with employers and gain useful industry contacts
We understand that everyone’s career path is different. We work with hundreds of employers who are looking for students and graduates, so we’ll match you with roles that are most relevant to you.
Whether you want to apply for a graduate scheme, find a graduate-level job, progress to postgraduate study or you’re not sure what you want to do, we’ll work closely with you to help you find your perfect role.
Leeds Trinity has allowed me to build new skills and opened up placement and job opportunities that I may not have had.
Eilidh Masson-Walker Counselling Psychology BSc (Hons)